The Obama administration is withholding from Congress details about how $1.3 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds was delivered to Iran, according to conversations with lawmakers, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the administration is now stonewalling an official inquiry into the matter. The Departments of State, Treasury, and Justice have all rebuffed a congressional probe into the circumstances surrounding the $1.3 billion payment to Iran, which is part of an additional $400 million cash payout that occurred just prior to the release of several U.S. hostages and led to accusations that the administration had paid Iran a ransom. The Obama administration has admitted in recent days that the $400 million cash delivery to Iran was part of an effort to secure the release of these American hostages, raising further questions on Capitol Hill about White House efforts to suppress these details from the public. The $400 million was part of a $1.7 billion legal settlement reached with Iran earlier this year. Congressional inquiries into how this money reached Iran are failing to get answers.
We-the-people deserve to know how, and WHY, $1.3 BILLION of our hard-earned tax-dollars was sent to Iran, a state-sponsor of Islamic terrorism by Obama and his minions. Congress has every right to push this issue. So, write your member of Congress and both of your U.S. Senators and urge them to continue it’s investigation into this scandal. To read the rest of this article, click on the text above..
California State University Fresno recently held a three-day student retreat for black students that aimed to foster inclusion and help incoming African American students adjust to college life and get involved in the campus community. The inaugural “Harambee Student Retreat,” which took place Aug.14 through Aug 17, was free to participating students, who enjoyed housing, meals, workshops and activities meant to help aid in the “successful transition of incoming African American/Black students to Fresno State,” the university’s website states. About 40 new students plus about a dozen returning students took part, and about $16,000 was set aside in the university’s budget to host the event, although the final cost has yet to be determined, said Shirley Melikian Armbruster, associate vice president of university communications, in an email to The College Fix. Fresno State President Joseph Castro, in an address to kick off the new school year, praised the retreat, noting “the call to better support African American students in connecting with their peers and the university was heard and put into action.” “A first ever retreat, appropriately titled Harambee, which means ‘Let’s pull together,’ was held this week where new and continuing African-American students, along with African-American faculty, staff and alumni, could exchange ideas of how to create a greater sense of belonging on campus,” Castro continued. According to the university’s website, topics broached at the retreat included information on how to receive assistance with financial aid and housing…
Wow… Just fathom if Cal State, or any other institution of higher learning, held a “three day retreat” for incoming white students like this? OMG.. There would be riots, the school president would be fired…and on and on.. and we ALL know it. This type of politically correct racial pandering should insult these black students. But, sadly, many have that entitlement mentality thanks this sorta thing, and probably believe they deserve such pandering. Unreal..
A federal judge on Sunday blocked the Obama administration’s directive that school children be allowed to use bathrooms and other facilities that align with their gender identity regardless of biological gender — siding, for now, with 13 states and agencies challenging the controversial order. U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor did not rule on the underlying challenge itself. The order means that the administration’s directive will be blocked while the case itself plays out. O’Connor, a Texas-based federal judge, determined the administration had “failed to comply” with federal rules for issuing such directives — including “notice and comment requirements.” The Department of Justice responded to the ruling in a statement, saying it was “disappointed in the court’s decision” and is reviewing its options. The challenge by the states and agencies, led by Texas, is the latest battle between the federal government and various states opposed to the policy changes. The White House in May told the nation’s public school districts they must allow transgender students to use bathrooms and other facilities like locker rooms matching their chosen gender identity or risk losing federal funding. “We will not yield to blackmail from the president of the United States,” Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said in response to the order. “This goes against the values of so many people.” The other states involved are Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Other states last month launched a similar suit to stop the new bathroom policy in public schools. They are: Arkansas, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Wyoming. In suburban Chicago, 51 families also have challenged a government directive on the issue, while earlier this month the Supreme Court granted a temporary injunction blocking an order that would have allowed a Virginia high school student who was born female but identifies as male to use the boys’ restroom.
An excellent decision!! This is a victory for state’s rights, for freedom, and frankly for common sense. Let’s hope this ruling is upheld, and that our nazi of President and his fascist regime which is addicted to arbitrarily, and unconstitutionally, imposing its value system on the we-the-people, continues to get smacked down in court. Outstanding!!
Killing a bear with a hand-thrown spear isn’t an everyday feat—but the government of Alberta, Canada, is not impressed by the prowess of American hunter Josh Bowmar. The government promised to introduce a ban on “archaic” and “unacceptable” hunting with spears after video surfaced of Bowmar, a former javelin athlete, killing a bear from more than 12 yards away with a 7-foot spear that had a GoPro camera attached, the Edmonton Journal reports. The wounded bear, which had been attracted by a bait bin, ran off. In a YouTube video that has now been taken offline, Bowmar says he returned the next day and found the body of the bear around 150 feet from where it was hit. The video sparked controversy—and lurid headlines like “Warped Hunter Kills Starving Bear with Seven Foot Homemade Spear” in British tabloids—not just for the manner of the kill, but for Bowmar’s celebration, the CBC reports. “That’s going to be some epic footage,” he exclaims. “Yeah, I got mad penetration. That’s a dead bear.” The Humane Society of the US also weighed in, referring to the Ohio man as “this year’s version of Walter Palmer,” the American dentist who killed Cecil the Lion, notes the Dayton Daily News. Bowmar says he was surprised by the reaction. The kill was “as humane and ethical as one could get in a hunting situation on big game animals,” he says, adding that “no one cares more about these animals than us hunters, especially me,” and that the bear’s hide and meat did not go to waste.
This is the kinda story that makes me want to put my head through a wall. I wonder if these self-righteous, bed-wetting, uber liberals have ANY clue how so-called “native Americans” (whom they romanticize) hunted before the age of the firearm… Oh, but it was an evil white guy who was the hunter.. Nevermind.. How silly of me? What was I thinkin’? Unreal..